'Personally identifiable information' is information that can be used to uniquely identify a User such as name, password, age, civil status, gender, mailing address, email address, telephone number, mobile number, and other personal details. User may be asked to provide personally identifiable information during the ordering process to allow User to use the Website and for MedGrocer to respond to User’s queries and requests. MedGrocer may also use the provided personal information to inform User of special product offers, to process orders, to provide products and services, or to conduct surveys. While MedGrocer collects personally identifiable information on a voluntary basis, for certain products and services, MedGrocer's collection of personally identifiable information may be a requirement for access to its products or services.
Terms and Conditions
Maxicare and MedGrocer have developed the Best Life Wellness Program (“Program”), which provides patients free medicines, laboratory tests, consultations with doctors and nutritionists, and other lifestyle benefits. By accepting the terms and conditions of the Program, the patient confirms that they understand the following:
The patient hereby represents and warrants that all personal information provided in connection with their application in the Program is correct, accurate, and true. The patient confirms that their participation in the Program is voluntary and knows that they are free to withdraw at any time based on their own decision or as recommended by their doctor and as such, they will inform MedGrocer of their withdrawal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The patient acknowledges that they understand the waiver of substantial rights described in these Terms and Conditions, that this waiver is made to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, and that they have agreed to the Terms and Conditions on their own free will.
By participating in the Program, the patient confirms that they understand:
- MG Health Solutions Inc. (“MedGrocer”) is the authorized service provider and personal information controller of Maxicare in the implementation of the Program.
- To avail of the benefits of the Program, the patient should apply by accomplishing the patient enrollment form.
- To the extent allowed by law and applicable regulations, MedGrocer and its partners shall verify the identity of the information indicated in the forms. In the event that the information is found to be fictitious or false, Maxicare, through MedGrocer, reserves the right to cancel the patient’s membership to the Program including all its benefits.
- The benefits that will be provided are subject to evaluation by MedGrocer, in accordance with the mechanics specified by Maxicare.
- The patient consents to receiving communications from MedGrocer and its partners through emails, calls, SMSes, messaging apps (e.g. Viber), company clinics, and other channels for the program and for other MedGrocer-run healthcare services that may be relevant to the patient. By applicable regulations, the patient may opt out from receiving any promotional communication at any time upon notification to MedGrocer and its partners. Maxicare, through MedGrocer, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to ensure the requested withdrawal of consent shall be processed.
- The information disclosed in any of the forms, as well as information obtained in the course of the Program, is collected, processed, and stored in a database which shall be used and administered solely by MedGrocer and its partners throughout the duration of the Program and in compliance with local data retention laws. The information referred to in this section may be disclosed to the patient’s attending doctor, MedGrocer, MedGrocer’s partners, and third parties for any purpose that may include monitoring and following up on patient compliance and improving the Program.
- The primary purpose of collecting the patient’s data is to facilitate their enrollment, monitor their health conditions, and promote and administer healthcare services (e.g. laboratory testing, doctor and nutritionist consults, medicine delivery, data analysis) that can help patients manage their health conditions. The purpose applies to the Program and other Maxicare and/or other MedGrocer-run programs that may benefit the patient.
- The patient As part of these terms, patients recognizes their rights below concerning the handling of their personal data and commit to exercising these rights responsibly:
- Right to be Informed: The patient has the right to be fully informed about the Terms and Conditions related to their personal data. This includes clear and transparent information regarding the collection, processing, storage, and sharing of their data and the primary purpose of doing so.
- Right to Object: The patient has the right to object to the processing of their personal data. They can refuse or withdraw their consent to the use of their data for certain purposes, such as marketing or research activities. The Program must respect and honor these objections unless there are legitimate reasons to continue processing the data.
- Right to Access: The patient has the right to access their personal data held by the Program. They can request copies of their medical records and any other relevant information. The Program should facilitate this access and provide the requested information within a reasonable timeframe.
- Right to Correct: The patient has the right to request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data. If the patient identifies errors or outdated information in their medical records or other documents, they should have the opportunity to have it rectified promptly by informing the Program by emailing email@example.com.
- Right to Erasure or Blocking: The patient has the right to request the erasure or blocking of their personal data. They can ask for the deletion or restriction of processing of their data under certain circumstances, such as when the data is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected, or when the patient withdraws their consent. The Program should comply with such requests, unless there are legal or legitimate reasons to retain the data.
- Right to File a Complaint: The patient has the right to file a complaint if they believe their rights regarding their personal data have been violated. They can approach the appropriate regulatory authorities or supervisory bodies responsible for data protection to file a complaint.
- Right to Damages: The patient has the right to seek limited compensation for demonstrable damages directly resulting from the intentional misconduct or gross negligence of the Program in relation to the handling of their personal data. However, the Program shall not be held liable for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages arising from the use, misuse, or unauthorized access to patient data, except in cases of intentional misconduct or gross negligence.
- Right to Data Portability: When requesting a copy of their personal data, the patient has the right to receive their personal data in a structured, commonly used format.
- Any patient-specific information may not be used in any form of publication or promotional material without prior written approval by the patient and the prescribing doctor. Anonymized and aggregate patient data may be analyzed and used to provide information to further improve the Program, if applicable.
- Any disease-related information relayed by MedGrocer about the patient’s medical condition, diagnostics needed, importance of therapy, drug administration, precautions, and special instructions are for informational purposes only and not meant to replace the professional advice of the patient’s doctor.
- The patient agrees to comply with all guidelines of the Program to enjoy its beneﬁts; otherwise, enrollment in the Program may be terminated.
- Availment of the program benefits, including free medicines, laboratory tests, consultations with doctors and nutritionists, and other lifestyle benefits is not transferable or convertible to cash or any other goods and services.
- Maxicare reserves the right to terminate any of the benefits available under the Program or the Program itself at any time without prior notice. Maxicare, through MedGrocer, may opt to stop or continue the program, in full or in part. Likewise, Maxicare, through MedGrocer, reserves the right to change the program, its mechanics and benefits, including the terms and conditions, in full or in part, any time.
- MedGrocer and its partners shall not be responsible nor liable to patient for any loss or damage incurred or suffered as a consequence of any delay or inability of MedGrocer to perform any of its obligations pursuant to these Terms and Conditions due to any telecommunications failure, act of God, civil disturbance, any event outside MedGrocer’s control, or as a consequence of any fraud or forgery.
- The patient allows MedGrocer access to results of laboratory tests taken under the Program and prescriptions, diet plans, and other medical records issued as part of the Program. Physical or digital copies of this information may be transferred to MedGrocer by its partners (e.g. affiliate doctors and diagnostic laboratories) without any further authorization.
- The patient acknowledges that their participation and the participation of any of their dependents/guests in the Program is purely voluntary, not compensable, and does not constitute part of their work hours. The patient is responsible for ensuring that their participation in the Program does not interfere with their work schedule, and acknowledges that at any time they may be barred from participating in the Program for any reason, including interference with their work or work schedule.
- By participating in the Program, the patient acknowledges and agrees that photographs or videos of their participation in the Program and its related events may be taken, edited, and used by their employer or the Program for any of its purposes, including but not limited to recording of the event, company promotions, communications, and recognition activities. The patient releases and waives any and all claims concerning any photographs/videos in which they or any of their dependents/guests appear.
- The patient acknowledges that they are personally responsible for their property and well-being, including that of their dependents/guests, during their participation in the Program. The patient knowingly and intentionally assumes the risk of any and all injuries or harm that they and their dependents/guests may sustain in connection with this Program. The patient, and on behalf of their dependents/guests, releases their employer, its employees, supervisors, managers, officers, and any affiliated entities (collectively, “Company”) from all claims or causes of action of every kind, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with the above-referenced Program, waiving any and all claims, of any nature, against the Company and will indemnify, protect and hold the Company free and harmless, from any claims arising from their acts or omissions or that of their dependents/guests, any third party, and from any claim of liability for any damage or injury to the patient or their dependents/guests associated with or arising from their participation in the Program.
User should carefully read the entire following privacy statement before creating an account and/or availing MedGrocer’s products. This agreement contains important terms that affect User’s legal rights. By registering to MedGrocer’s site, User hereby agrees to the terms of this privacy statement policy.